Katherine Reads

I love books, mostly young adult!

Wither (Chemical Garden) - Lauren DeStefano As far as YA Dystopian books, this one is definitely the most mature. Just the entire premise about girls getting married as young as 12 years old and having babies with guys up to 25. Now onto the actual review. I think that this was a very well written book and leaves with you wanting more. The cliffhangers aren't too exciting, but a few are major. I didn't get as emotionally involved in the book as some others that made me cry, but it was still very good. But the one thing I didn't understand was why she wanted to leave so bad? I understood that she wanted to get back to her brother, but I didn't develop as much as a connection with him as her sister wifes, Jenna and Cecily. Seriously, I loved those girls! I found Vaughn very creepy. Gabriel was very sweet and while the love story was a part, it wasn't a major part so much that it overpowered the rest of the story.So, I give this book 4 stars. I'll probably read the next one. I would suggest this to anyone that loves dystopian books and is looking for a good read that loves character development.